The Pastoral Search
New Covenant United Church of Christ is prayerfully launching a search for a Pastor to lead and guide our congregation to realize our Godly vision for the future. Our search committee has been charged by God and the congregation to seek a Pastor who will continue to lead our call to Kingdom building. The position is open to all denominations. Local candidates desired. If applicable, travel and lodging costs will be the responsibility of candidates.
The mission of New Covenant United Church of Christ is to worship God; to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ; to celebrate the sacraments; to render Loving Service to the community; and to strive for Righteousness, Justice, Peace, and Equality for all Mankind.
The vision of New Covenant United Church of Christ is to move with intentionality, relevance and innovative evangelism that brings the good news of salvation by teaching the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus the Christ.
Position Title: Pastor Full Time via Contract
Current size of membership: approximately 120 people
English is the predominantly spoken language at New Covenant United Church of Christ
The position of Pastor is a contract position with a compensation range of $40,000 – $50,000 to include applicable benefits and housing allowance.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college/university and/or theological seminary
• Master’s Degree from Seminary preferred
• Demonstrated commitment to continuing education and development in Christian Theology studies
• A licensed minister or ordained Pastor
• A minimum of 5 years of ministerial experience
Candidate must submit the following items:
• Cover Letter to include belief statement
• Resume Vitae (include your email address, public social media information, and telephone number)
• Credentials (copies of degrees, ministerial licenses, and certifications; copies of transcripts from education institutions)
• Contact information of four references (two from a Pastor; one from a deacon, and one personal). Please include: First Name, Middle Name, Last Name, mailing address, phone number(s), and email address
• MP3 or URL of a recent sermon
• Two Ministry Essays (each should be under 300 words double spaced)
- My sense of being called by God.
- Pastoral leadership during a global pandemic.
All submitted documents will be treated as confidential by the Pastoral Search Committee. Upon review candidates will be notified of their consideration. Final candidates will be asked to consent to a background ($160) and credit checks to be performed by an external agency to ensure confidentiality is preserved.
*Final Candidate Only Background & Credit Check
Deadline for application materials: July 31, 2020
Please no phone calls, faxes or packets delivered to the church!